Sunday, November 21, 2021

Pound Cake Anyone?


 I can't remember how old she was, but probably 8 or 9.  She called me at work one day and wanted to bake a pound cake.  I remember thinking...SERIOUSLY???? I think I asked her to wait until I got home, not because I didn't think she wasn't capable of following directions, but I didn't want her to get burned on the stove.  She was pretty little.  Mom's always have a reason! Right!!??

Well, bake a pound cake she did.  And when we tasted it, it was moist, and one of the best pound cakes I had ever eaten.  She was so proud.  I was proud of her. 

A few days later, we still had several pieces left-over, so I asked if she cared if I took it to work to share with the Golden Girls.  I let her know how much everyone loved her pound cake.

I don't remember her calling me at work, but when I came home for several days in a row, she surprised me with another pound cake.  

I can't remember how many we ended up with, but she can really bake a pound cake! 

You go Julie!

No comments: