Sunday, March 29, 2020

Keep Pressing On


Sitting at my desk this morning, I was able to watch the morning service at our church.  It's not the same as "being there", however,  I felt blessed by the people presenting the service.  Our church, like many other churches have suspended services for a few weeks.  This is probably the one time we need our church family more than ever.  Even though this service was recored, I still felt the presence of my church family.
Pastor Lynda's message was one about hope, and trusting that we will make it.  It's a time to reach out (by phone, letter, email, or text) to each other.  I am pretty sure you are not alone in your feelings right now.  Let someone else know that you are there, praying for them, praying with them, and letting them know you love them.
Cheryl Boysel sang a beautiful song.  I do not know the name of it, or who wrote it, but the theme was "Keep Pressing On, I'm Gonna Make it."  There is something familiar about Cheryl's beautiful voice.  It really doesn't matter what she sings, I always feel at peace when I hear her voice.  The message was perfect for today too; just keep praying and slowly moving forward.
If you are feeling sad or lonely, I have included the link to that service here (click here) APNazarene.org
While still practicing social distancing, you can click on the above link and know that my Nazarene family will welcome you with open arms, (actually with an elbow bump) during this unusual time our country is facing.
I'm praying for each and everyone of you reading this blog today.  Feel blessed!


No comments: