Saturday, February 1, 2020

Super Bowl-She Knew

One of our friends called to invite us to a tailgate party.  We talked for a few minutes about several things, and then decided on food, and who would bring what.  She's not a big football fan either, but we love getting together.  While the guys are all off in another room, we girls have a great time sharing recipes, or sampling the "new dessert one of our group" wants us to try.  We also talk about sales, and all the money we've saved by heading to the sale rack first. 
When my girlfriend and I finally go off the phone, my husband was smiling.  I thought he was smiling because he enjoys gathering at their house to watch the game, and eat.
Finally he said, "you don't need to tell people you don't like football."  I looked at him, trying to figure out where that comment came from.
"What do you mean?"
He said, "the first thing you said when she invited us to come over to watch the Super Bowl, was, I thought the Super Bowl was over."
She knew.



1 comment:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

hahaha. Ah, Katt, you are too cute!