Friday, January 12, 2024

HOPE

 What happens when we lose hope?  I think the majority of the people would tell me at one time or another in their life, they have lost hope.

What does that mean?  Losing hope?  It's not a good place to be.  I don't think anyone wakes up and says, "I hope I lose all hope today!"  Of course you don't.

Hanging on by a thread isn't a good thing either.  

I just recently learned of another suicide.  A permanent solution to a temporary problem.  When a suicide occurs, it has a ripple effect.  The family, friends, community have so many questions.  The heart-breaking questions I hear are from children.

If you know someone who is telling you they are feeling hopeless, helpless, or worthless suggest they talk to someone.  

We need to take care of each other, reach out to someone today, right now, and let them know how much you appreciate them.  Or love them, or are just feeling blessed to know them and have therm in your life.

I Thessalonians 5:11-15 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact your are doing.  Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you.  Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work.  Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.  

Be Blessed,

Dr. Katt

1 comment:

Linore Rose Burkard said...

Hello Katt!
It's been years since we've been in touch, unfortunately! I was reminded of you recently when I was cleaning out old files--I came across some emails. I have warm memories of you and I pray that you and yours are well. I was happy to find that you're still blogging! Your old friend,
Linore (Rose Burkard)
https://www.linoreburkard.com
Linore(at)linoreburkard(dot)com