Sunday, December 12, 2021

Mary Did You Know...


 Last Sunday morning, Judi Rose sang Mary Did You Know. I used to say that was one of my favorite Christmas songs. Judi has the voice of an angel, and I think I can say that is my favorite Christmas song.  There are many other traditional Christmas hymns that I love, but Mary Did You Know, causes me to stop and listen to each word of the song.

There is something peaceful about this time of year, for me.  It's a time when I love to sit during the early morning, before the birds wake up, and reflect. It's the time I read my devotions and Bible.  I love sitting with my Bible on my lap, wondering where each verse will take me.  It's a study Bible with references to different verses.  Often times while reading "the next verse", a person's name will come to mind.  That's when I love to sit and reflect on that person.  I don't know completely what that person is going through, but I lift them up to the Lord. He knows exactly what they need.

I had the awesome privilege to see Chosen on Friday night.  The Lord puts people in my life all the time.  Over the years I have been truly blessed with friends.  For many years it was the "Golden Girls."  Now this group of friends call ourselves the "Sistas." I love them, and love spending time with them.  We were able to worship together Friday night as we watched the Chosen on big screen TV's at Diana Furr's church.  I have never been so moved.  As I sat watching the movie, in the candle lit sanctuary, listening to the music, and the commentary,  my eyes often drifted to the huge, backlit Cross. I still get chills remembering those moments.  What must it have been like for Mary.  The movie showed a side of Joseph I haven't know before, his sense of humor. Which could have been possible. 



Waiting for the birth of Emmanuel...on this third Sunday of Advent...


 

Matthew 1:20-21 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.  She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins." (NIV)

No comments: