Sunday, October 31, 2021

Read the Instructions? Really??


 A couple of the area rugs in high traffic areas in my house had begun to lift at the corners.  So, brilliant person that I am (LOL)...I bought two sided tape.  I cut the length I needed, applied it to the corner of the rug, but couldn't get the liner pulled away.  I sat there trying different ways to remove that stupid blue liner.  I thought....this can't be that difficult. I could probably call one of my granddaughters, and they would already have it figured it out.  Then, I got another brilliant idea....read the instructions.  I dug through the trash....found the wrapper....and I had a WOW moment.  Isn't it amazing when we follow the instructions. I don't know, maybe you already do!

I thought about how many other times in my life I have tried to "do it my way." And, it rarely works out the way I want it to.  I know that when God closes a door, it is not my responsibility to find a crowbar to pry it open. Rather, what another unique idea, wait for Him. 

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV)


3 comments:

Pati said...

That is sooo like you not to read the directions….lol DAD

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

LOL........He was a great teacher!!!!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I'm laughing because I do this A L L the time!