Saturday, May 16, 2020

Lean on Him

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God" (2 Corinthians 1:3-4, NIV).

The past few weeks (months) have been a challenge for most of us.  The past few weeks, as businesses begin to re-open after closing to protect all of us from spreading the Coronavirus, which causes COVID19, we continue to be reluctant.  Telling ourselves we will soon get back to "normal" in itself has been a challenge.  As a mental health counselor, what's "normal"? Is it what we're used to?

This morning I sat in the screen room, listening to the birds making their plans for the day. I drew in several deep breaths, and felt the cool morning air on my face as a gentle breeze tried to fix my "bed hair". I leaned my head back against the cushioned chair, and felt peace, joy and happiness. Where does my strength come from?  Philippians 4:11, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances"(NIV).  While in prison at Philippi, Paul wrote this letter to acknowledge a gift of money from the church.  Some of Paul's best works were written from a prison cell.  I heard one person talking about all the limitations we have had because of the shutdown of businesses due to the Coronavirus.  And the fear she is facing at "opening" those business. 

Another verse I go to often is the one Paul penned about strength.  Not his own strength, but the power, peace and joy he receives from the One he gives credit. " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13, NKJV).

As always, Stand Strong, Stay Healthy, and lean on HIM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great. Encouraging post.

Unknown said...

Great. Encouraging post.