Sunday, May 3, 2020

Finding Comfort





Pastor James Boardman's message this morning was about comfort.  He referenced several scripture verses that do just that, offer comfort.  One of them, which most people are familiar with is in Psalms: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me", (Psalm 23:4, NIV). To hear his message, and the entire service click here:  AP Church of the Nazarene

The things which offer me comfort today are obviously different than when I was a child. I can't remember things that gave me comfort as a child.  Probably because I didn't realize I needed to be comforted.  That is not true today.  Some of the "comforts" in my life are reaching out to my family and friends,  just for a hug.   Or someone sends me a text message, "hey, what's your schedule like today, wanna meet for coffee?" Ahhh, yes, but not yet!??

Another thing that has given me comfort most of my life is playing the piano.  When I sit at that keyboard, it becomes my sounding board.  And probably if truth be told, a way to escape from whatever is troubling me. If I'm sad, I usually play sad songs.  If I'm happy, happy songs.  I think you understand where I'm going with that!  Anyway this is the first time in many years I have had the opportunity to just sit and play the piano until my back gets tired.  I don't have to quit because I have a paper to write, case notes to go over, or an appointment with a client.  So through all of this coronavirus, with shelter-in-place, avoiding crowds, cover my face, and wash my hands, it really hasn't been so bad.

The pastor ended the service this morning with the lyrics and music to "Put your Hand in the Hand"... now that song is playing over and over in my head.  I love it!

Stand Strong and Stay Healthy


Hugs,


Katt

No comments: