Thursday, December 26, 2019

Tis the season to be jolly~ fa la la la la......At least that's what the world is telling us right now.  This is a joyful and peaceful time to celebrate Jesus birth.  A time for celebration. However, just because the rest of us are feeling the joy with the anticipation of family and friends gathering around us, not everyone is feeling the joy.

The people who are living alone, through the death of a spouse.  Or a single mom whose last child moved out this past year to start college.  There are so many scenarios that I can't even begin to name all the circumstances people may be facing during this time.  A single mother whose paycheck barely covers the rent and utilities, has no money to buy her children a present. In fact, she doesn't have the money to buy a tree.

There are so many things in my life that I sometimes take them for granted.  Like a roof over my head.  A car that gets me from point A to point B.  A refrigerator to store food that I buy.

I have been there, that single mom, with little money to do anything but pay the rent and keep the utilities on.  I have felt the pain watching my children watch in anticipation if any presents will be under the tree with their name on it. Or being in a crowded store watching other parents load up on toys or clothes to surprise someone on Christmas morning.

I am trying to look around me, in my own backyard, so to speak, to spot those individuals who are not feeling the same joy as everyone else.  It's hard to live alone.  It's hard to be happy when your mother died a few months ago.  You have four children, and your husband decided you are no longer attractive to him, so he found someone younger than you, to build a life with...without his children or their mother.   Or a routine visit to the doctor turned out to be a major life changer with a deadly diagnosis.

I tried to imagine how Jesus's Mother, Mary must have felt.  She was a virgin, not married, and pregnant. 
She was betrothed to a man named Joseph.  I can only imagine how embarrassed he must have felt. However, the angel Gabriel told Mary,  Rejoice highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women (Luke 1:28, NKJV).

My prayer is that no one eats alone.  That everyone has enough food to eat.  Luke 6:20-23 (The Beatitudes): Blessed are you poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.  Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be filled. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.  Blessed are you when men hate you, And when the exclude you, and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, For the Son of Man's sake. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For in like manner their fathers did to the prophets.

I'm praying for Joy, Peace and Love... Merry Christmas!
And Joy, Peace, and Love to continue the new year.
Happy New Year

Link to my web site: Kathryn Neff Perry.com
https://www.kathrynneffperry.com/page/page/6227345.htm

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I hear your prayers, Katt. I am reminded of how blessed my life is. Happy New Year, dear friend. I hope 2020 fills your life with blessings after blessings after blessings. Thank you for being so inspiring. Get ready--I'm sending many cyberhugs.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

My prayer is for many blessing for you and your family! Are you in Mexico now? I've missed you my sweet friend. Keep in touch! Hugs