Sunday, September 30, 2018

Fishers of Men

Some of my friends used to make fun of me because my favorite season was whichever one we were in.  The comments they would make were "you say that about ALL the seasons!"  I think the pastor and the musicians at our church are thinking the same thing.  Every Sunday I leave the sanctuary telling the musicians "Thank you so much, that is my favorite song." Or telling the pastor, "that was the best message ever." 

This morning was no different. The music and message were outstanding.  The Reverend James Boardman's message this morning was about love, I think.  I cannot quote his message exactly but he challenged us to take someone who might be hungry,  out to eat.  He said, now you have a captive audience.  While we are with another person we can "plant a seed."  He said, someone else may water that seed, but eventually, someone will benefit from that harvest. 

It's not literally about planting seeds, but about kindness, and loving each other.  Each of us is different.  Each of us have a different worldview.  None of us think exactly the same about everything. However, that does not mean we should call each other names if they don't agree with us.  How difficult is it to show another person kindness?   My challenge to you this week is to "plant a seed of kindness."  The amazing thing is that when you are busy planting seeds of kindness, you will surely be repaid, in kindness.
I Corinthians 3:8  The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor (NIV).

No comments: