Saturday, September 8, 2018

FEELING OVERWHELMED?






     One of my friends sent a text message mid-morning yesterday, saying she was facing a 13-hour day. Needless to say, even though it was a text message I could her the desperation in her voice. Have you ever felt like that? A bit overwhelmed by the daunting tasks facing you? Well, me too! I think anyone over 10 years-old has at sometime in their life felt weighed down by life.
     Last Sunday I sat my bedside my husband at church, and felt blessed because some of that weight lifted earlier that week.  We had been waiting to hear the results of my husband's latest cancer scare.  The doctor called and said, "the biopsy shows that we got it all."  A big sigh of relief.  However, my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about five years ago, and for the most part does well. Sometimes he shares his concerns and fears with me. One of the words I hear is frustration because he realizes he is not getting better.
     Before the pastor shared public prayer concerns he shared with us, a video he had recorded.  The pastor shared the video with one of our congregation who is facing rehabilitation following his own cancer surgery.  The name of the song, I Need Thee every Hour, is not new to most of us.  I have never heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing this hymn.  I could feel the atmosphere inside our little building change.  My church family sat listening with an intensity I do not recall.
I have included the link for you.  Let me know if it moved you as much as it did me.


https://www.youtube.comMormon Tabernacle Choir/watch?v=gSQ-3TD7g_g

No comments: