Thursday, May 7, 2020

Hello Bird

I woke up this morning feeling rested and ready to start my day.  I stretched, and glanced at the clock on the night stand.  I read '4:18'.  I rubbed my eyes thinking they were playing a trick on me.  Marley realized I was awake and promptly encouraged me to follow through.  I got up, making my way to the shadows looming in the kitchen.  The boys (Marley and Meko) followed me outside to find the paper, somewhere in the driveway, only to remember we aren't getting a paper two days a week now.  As I walked down the sidewalk, motion sensor lights marked my path.  When I reached the front of the house I heard a faint tapping noise, it sounded like on medal?  The fog started to drift from my brain, and my eyes caught sight of the American flag, proudly showing her colors, flapping in this mornings breeze.  The pulley gently tapped the flag pole, as if to say, "I'm here representing all the men and women who have fought the valiant fight, so that you could live in a country so free." And reminding me that freedom isn't free.  For a few moments, tears welled in my eyes.  I was standing, in the dark on the sidewalk beside my home. I do not live in a war zone.  I do not live in a neighborhood where we are threatened by 'drive-by-shootings'.  I live in a neighborhood where we all look out for each other.

The sun just woke up, and the little bird "alarm clock" must have gone off, because they are outside announcing the beginning of a brand new day.  During my devotions this morning, I lifted several people, families up in prayer.  I don't remember which devotional admonished me to keep praying, not to give up. Don't stop praying. Keep trusting the Lord. Love the people the Lord puts in your path. I've been praying for peace for what seems a very long time.  The flag whipping in the wind this morning reminded me, not to give up.  Keep praying for peace. I'm praying our country can come together. After all, our name implies we are...together.  The United States of America. Stop fighting, stop hating, stop judging. That first little bird, whose voice I recognized, was singing a worship and praise song. I have hope. I have peace, and I choose joy.

A verse that soothes my soul is in Psalms.  "I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears"(Psalms 34:4, NIV).  What would this country look like if we looked through a lens of love?

Stand Strong and Stay Healthy


Hugs,

Katt

No comments: