Saturday, April 4, 2020



I don’t remember when my fascination for the Bald Eagle began.  Over the years when I have felt frustrated or stressed, I have often thought of an eagle in flight. Their massive wingspan, and  floating from one air current to the next, seemingly carefree. The Bald Eagle mates for life, and often return to the same nest. Even now, as I write these words, just thinking about an Eagle effortlessly drifting from one air current to the next, calms me.
I’m trying to imagine myself, as that Eagle.  When I hear the news about all that is going on around me, or I receive an email or text message from someone who has just heard a new and startling statistic, I close my eyes and just imagine what the wind against my face would feel like.  I’m spreading my wings (arms) and just floating. Not processing the words that are ever present. Remaining calm in this new storm that has become our daily life. 
I often ask people “where is your happy place?”  I ask them to hold that image in their mind. My happy place is usually an Adirondack chair, with a beach umbrella, sand to stick my toes in, and the waves of the ocean slapping against the shore.  Today for a moment, I am thinking about that Bald Eagle. And when I think of that Bald Eagle, I also immediately think of my all time favorite Bible verse. 
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint (Isaiah 40:31, KJV). 

My prayer is that we will come together as a nation, we’ll listen to the directives set down by the CDC (centers for disease control), practice social distancing, wash your hands often, and if you're sick stay home. And if you’re feeling weak, or lonely, or tired, remember the verse I just shared with you.  Right now, that is exactly what I’m doing, waiting on the Lord...

No comments: