Sunday, April 12, 2020

He Has Risen!

When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons.  She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it (Mark 16:9-11, NIV).

Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen (Mark 16:14, NIV).

Today, in light of all that we are facing, the uncertainty about when our lives will return to "normal", the fear, the disbelief.  Is it safe to go back to work, church, family get-togethers? All of these are questions I'm being asked.  Another question is , "Aren't you afraid?"  My answer, "No, I am not afraid." 

There is still one sure thing we can believe in. And the song that I have been singing for days now, and don't think I will ever tire of,  One Pair of Hands , and not only that, but today, because He Lives, I can face tomorrow!

And finally, the Great Commission: Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age" (Matthew 28:18-20, NIV). 

Take note that He did not say...just go to your neighborhood, but make disciples of all nations...


Stand Strong and Stay Healthy!


Hugs and Happy Easter,

Katt

No comments: