Sunday, April 26, 2020

During this mornings message the Pastor mentioned "hope", not just once, but throughout the message.  He was referencing the difficult times we are experiencing now. If you would like to hear his full message I am including a link, (click here) Avon Park Church of the Nazarene

Hope, joy, peace, love and kindness are just a few "words" I've been focusing on. The Bible tells us in John, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the wold gives do I give to you" (Matthew 14:27, NIV).  Peace in His presence.  And then there is the Fruit of the Spirit; But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law...if we live in the spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit" (Galatians 5:22,23,25, NIV).

In addition to speaking about hope, the Pastor also mentioned hopelessness.  Four of the components of depression are: Hopelessness, Helplessness, Worthlessness, and Abandonment.  I'm thinking at one time or another most of us have experienced at least one of those feelings. During this time of uncertainty, if you are experiencing any of them, reach out to someone you trust.  Send me an email.  Do not suffer alone.  You may just need to hear someone's voice on the phone.  Someone who can encourage you.

Call someone to let them know you are praying for them.  Better still, call someone and ASK them what you can pray for, with them.  Don't hang up and pray for them, pray WITH them. And then, follow up with the people you have reached out to.   Jesus said, "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them"(Matthew 18:20, NIV). I might add, that means "coming together via, phone, text, email, Facebook, or however you communicate with your family and friends during this stay at home time.

Stand Strong and Stay Healthy~


Hugs,


Katt

No comments: