Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cry Out to ME

Sarah Young wrote this morning in her devotional, Jesus Calling,  "expect to encounter adversity in your life, remembering that you live in a deeply fallen world."
She also went on to say, "the main problem with an easy life is that it masks your need for Me."
Wow. The past few weeks I have been talking to people who have been facing enormous giants. A few of them have been feeling not just overwhelmed, but one of them ready to give up on life.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness;be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
One person said to me one day, "you know, I wish we had a handbook for life. They make a cookbook, to teach us how to cook, and mechanics have a manual, so why can't we?"
Oh my goodness. We do have a manual, but I call it The Bible.
"Really?", he asked.
And I went on to say. The more you study the Bible, and learn verses, the more those verses will come to you during times of trouble.
He smiled and said, "I might have to check that out."
I hope you do, my friend, I hope you do.
Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poinent and so true! I love the Word of God, definitely the manual for life! These are important scriptures!

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

They are Deb. I don't know how people survive without them----