Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SUNDAY CHRISTIAN

Aletha Hinthorn of Come to the Fire fame wrote one of the most powerful blogs I ever remember reading. If you don't already follow her blog, I recommend it.
In essence what she said was this;
Two older ladies were talking about a third lady. One of them said, 'when she prays, God listens'. When a little girl heard this conversation she really wanted to get to know the lady they were talking about. She didn't feel worthy to approach her, so she rode her bicycle past the ladies house one afternoon trying to muster the courage. Finally, as luck would have it, this wonderful woman walked outside her house to water the flowers. The little girl sucked in her breath and cautiously walked across the lawn towards this wonderful Christian lady. When the lady saw the little girl she screamed at her, "get off my grass can't you see it was just planted?"
How many times am I guilty of just that behavior Lord? When I'm waiting in traffic. When someone almost knocks me down in a store to get in front of me to the check-out lane. Am I the one who knows how to pray in Church? The one who sings in the choir, but then yells at my neighbor when her trash blows in my yard?
My grandmother used to call people like this lady a "Sunday Christian."

It's so easy Lord to "slip". Please keep me on the right path following you and doing Your will. 
We never know who is "watching" us. But most importantly Father, I pray for acceptance through your eyes.
Mark 3:35 For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.
 

No comments: