Monday, August 22, 2011

Thank You Antonio Diaz Chacon

I will never forget the picture of Caylee Anthony. The one with her little cheek resting on her fist. I think it will always be etched in my heart. Nor will I forget the pictures of her mother, dancing, and seemingly unaffected by her daughters "disappearance", sporting her new tattoo, A Beautiful Life. during the time she claimed the imaginary nanny had her child. 
It is refreshing to read a commentary of a hero. In case you didn't read the story, the young man's name is Antonio Diaz Chacon. He is married to an American citizen, but has given up his attempts to gain citizenship because of the expense and the difficult process.
This young man didn't hesitate to think of his own safety the day he witnessed a man abducting a six year old child. Antonio jumped into his vehicle and chased down the suspected child abductor. The suspected abductor eventually lost control of his own vehicle and wrecked the car.
Antonio hopped out of his vehicle, ran to pull the little girl out of the vehicle, while the abductor fled on foot.
Antonio then drove the little girl to the Albuquerque Police Department, where she was later reunited, unharmed with her parents.
One young man's quick thinking and lack of regard for his own safety saved a child from who knows what may have happened to her that day.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart Antonio Diaz Chacon. May your life be filled with many blessings.

4 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

That is a wonderful story, and one I hadn't heard. Bravo to Antonio. What an amazing feat. His parents should be very very proud. They obviously did a terrific job.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Whenever I read about something like this, I want to share it. We always hear about the negative things people do, but not the good deeds. This guy is a hero, and I'm sure his parents and wife are very proud of him. I can't image what the family of the child he rescued think!

Carol Ann said...

This was such a wonderful story. Truly warmed my heart.
I have given you the Liebster Award for your blog. Stop by my blog tomorrow to pick up your award.
http://carolannerhardt.com/cae/treadmill-writer

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Carol Ann, You've touched my heart. Thank you my sweet friend.
Katt