Monday, January 9, 2017

I'm Sure the Lord was Laughing at Me...



For a Monday morning, the day didn't start out that unusual.  However, when I sat down to read my Bible and several devotionals I had several distractions.  I came back into the office, sat on the love seat, opened Jesus Calling (Young, 2013) and immediately felt blessed. It was exactly what I needed to hear this morning.  It wasn't until I started looking up the Bible verses I realized I was on the wrong page, the right month, but the wrong day.  I'm sure the Lord was laughing at me, because I smiled myself.  It was exactly what I needed to hear.  Slow down, enjoy the day, and don't worry about tomorrow.  For the past few days I have been struggling, knowing my "vacation" is almost over.  It will soon be time to go back to work, and start all the craziness and busyness (is that a word?) in my life.  In fact, I have thought so much about "tomorrow" that I stopped enjoying today.   One of the phrases my Grandmother used to repeat to me (often) was don't worry about tomorrow, it will have it's own problems.  Really?!  It wasn't until I became an adult that I realized how smart she was. And she was quoting scripture! Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own (NIV).
I don't believe in coincidences.  The fact that I was distracted enough to pick up my little devotional and read the wrong page was not an accident.  It was a preface to what today's message was. And the last line on the page said, "Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My Presence" (Young).
Ok Lord, you have my full attention, and I am walking... Beside the still waters.......

No comments: