Friday, January 13, 2017

I Can Do This!

Yesterday I printed my schedule for the next eight weeks.  After I set up both folders, my eyes kept returning to the syllabus.  The more I read, the more overwhelmed I felt. Like trying to move that boulder by myself.  As I sat facing the computer, I continued trying to find a balance where this schedule was concerned.  Every scenario I formulated in my head, there was a conflict with it.  After about a half hour, I sat stoic.  I can't do this Lord.  There was no lightening, or no burning bush, but the Holy Spirit touched my heart.  That still small voice I've come to lean on was not so still or small at that moment.  That voice seemed to say, 'why are you focused on what you can't do during the next eight weeks? You aren't going to tackle this project right now, but only over the next eight weeks!'
I hate it when I hear my own advice, and know that it's directed towards me.
I pushed my chair away from my desk, and looked at both the folders.  With new strength and resolve, "I can do this"! I said to no one.  One day, one hour at a time...I can accomplish all that I need to do.
Right this minute I am not feeling overwhelmed, but rather joyful.  I have been singing this morning, praising the Lord for the sunshine, my health, and the project I need to complete JUST this WEEK!. Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. 
Yes, I can do this.... 

No comments: