Saturday, January 7, 2017

Even the Sparrow...





Rain was gently pelting the roof of my office, as I sat quietly reading my Bible and several daily devotional books.  The particular devotion I was reading was about a little bird.  A sparrow. That thought reminded me of Psalms 84:3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself (NIV).  I sat quietly for a moment reflecting on my surroundings.
Meko slept on the love seat beside me.
                  Annie was perched on her favorite spot on the sofa behind me and
 Noah was asleep at my feet on the floor in front of me.
 Both Annie and Noah are rescues.  We found Annie, but Noah found us. My solitude and prayer time was interrupted when Annie, quietly slid from the back of the couch and wiggled her way onto my lap, settling on top of my Bible and little devotional book. She looked up at me as if to say, "Ok, it's time for me....love me."    
I wonder how often I have made the Lord feel like that.  He has to literally "get on top" of the book (or situation in my life) to get my attention.
I can't ignore these furry "people" in my life, anymore than I can ignore the one who created me.  I am reminded daily of His words. John 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing (NIV).

No comments: