Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

One of my girlfriends used to say, "What happened to July." In fact, just yesterday, I toyed with that very thought.  When we lived in Ohio, and the seasons began to change, it was a sure sign winter was on the way.  Today we live in Florida where one season isn't much different from the last.  While my sister is living with 20 degree weather and all the elements that accompany that, we have 70 degrees and sunshine.  Getting into the spirit of Christmas doesn't mean the same thing either.  However, it has nothing to do with the weather.  It has everything to do with my age.  I reminded someone a few days ago, I'm a grandmother now.  That's not a bad thing, I just don't have the energy I used to have. After I put the tree up in the living room, I had planned to start outside.  Last year, our decorations outside caused an electric shortage in our neighborhood.  This year however, is a different story.  We have a few decorations outside, just enough to remind me that Jesus birthday is coming.
It's funny, the different seasons of our lives.  When we are young and have all the energy of that preverbal energizer bunny, we usually don't have all the responsibility we acquire as we age.  I think with age also comes wisdom.  My family, my friends, and my life are all so much more important today than years gone by.  I have said goodbye to more family and friends than I care to mention.  However, one thing I have are the memories of those people in my life who have gone home to be with Jesus.
On Christmas Eve my plan is to attend candle light service at our church. Because Christmas falls on Sunday we are having a regular service Sunday morning.  Somehow when I was younger I focused more on the commercialized Christmas, than the true meaning.
My prayer is that each of you will have a truly blessed and Joy filled CHRISTmas this year. I am sending cyber hugs to all of you.
Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Merry Christmas

No comments: