Saturday, December 31, 2016

I Hate Sugar

When I finished reading Jesus Calling  (Young, 2004) this morning, I took the ribbon marker from the last page back to the first page.  It occurred to me that tomorrow is not only a new day, but a new year.  It's only one day, but it feels different.  I usually write the previous year on a few checks I write the beginning of a new year.
I love this graphic, a rainbow over water.  I love rainbows (and the ocean too).  God promised us in Genesis 9:13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.   A new beginning.  Granted, getting rid of old habits isn't as easy as flipping a few pages and starting at the beginning of a book. However, it is a place to start.
For years I spent lots of time writing out (what I thought were) brilliant new year resolutions.  Usually about a month into my endeavor, I lost the list.
This year I plan to eat healthier and exercise more. End of list.   I realized that when I set goals for myself that are unrealistic, I will not stick to them.
One of my friends and I were talking about our goals for the coming year. She shared her goals are basically the same as mine; staying healthy.  She said one of her daily mantras is "I hate sugar."  After we stopped laughing..........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Processed sugar is evil....lol! Naturally occurring sugar is good! Make good choices :)

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

You do realize, I was quoting you, right? LOL

Hugs!