Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'M NOT SAYING GOOD-BYE

I think God puts people in our lives sometimes for a season and sometimes for a life time. I lost one of those "life time" people a few days ago. He was my brother-in-law, but I truly claimed him as my brother.
John Jurich was the kind of man who made you smile when you didn't feel like it and always had a "story". I have so many memories of him saying, "did you hear the one about....?" And then I would sit back, watch the sparkle in his eyes and wait. 
He didn't meet a stranger. I can't think of anyone who didn't love him.
I'm struggling with my own tears, but rejoicing for him. Because of health issues he hasn't been able to play golf with his buddies for several years. He has been very limited in what he could do. Watching him struggle as he fought the good fight was difficult too. So in that regard I'm happy he is where he is today. 
A few days ago when he took his last breath here on earth, Jesus was waiting, His arms wide open, just the way John greeted everyone. When Jesus met John I know He said, Matthew 25:21 Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness.
I think John and Jesus are probably playing golf today, and if I know John he is probably saying, "Jesus, have you heard the one about......"

6 comments:

Carol Garvin said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Katt. Our lives are richer for the special people in it, but the empty spot aches terribly when they leave.

Surrounding you with love and hugs....

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thank you so much Carol. John was truly a blessing in our life! He has struggled so with all his physical ailments, including Alzheimer's. So even though we didn't want to let go, we know he's in a better place. Thanks for you love and support.
Katt

All I Had Was Your Birth Certificate said...

Thank God for the wonderful memories you will always have.

All I Had Was Your Birth Certificate said...

Thank God for the wonderful memories you will always have.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thank you Miss Lucy. His memory will forever be in my heart.
Hugs,
Katt

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

My deepest sympathies, Katt. Not easy losing a friend. Eventho we know he's now having a blast, it's not easy saying goodbye.