Sunday, May 26, 2013

Abraham and Isaac

I heard a message the other day that really made me think.
I'm sure most of you know the story of Abraham and Isaac. The Lord told Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac. Abraham must have been confused by God's request (to sacrifice his son).Genesis 22:2 After all, he and his wife Sarah had waited years before Isaac was born. While Abraham was climbing the mountain I'm sure so many doubts were running through his head. 'What's this all about Lord', really, my son? Surly, you can't mean Isaac.'
In the message I heard the other day, the Pastor reminded us that as Abraham and Isaac were climbing the mountain on one side with all the questions, the answer was climbing up the other side.  The Lord had already planned for the lamb to get stuck in the brush, the sacrificial lamb. The Lord already had the "problem" worked out.
I try to remind myself daily when I don't know the answer, that God already has it worked out. In fact, he had the solution worked out before I knew there was a problem.
 Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him...
 

6 comments:

Samantha Jean Kanniard said...

Thanks I needed that reminder. I love you bunches Aunt kathy
Your Niece,
Samantha Jean


Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Hi Sam,
Thanks for visiting my blog! Hugs to Ken and the kids. I love you too.
AK

Carol Garvin said...

I know I've mentioned it before, but I really like the saying, "I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds my tomorrows." Knowing that God has everything under control should make it easier for us to trust instead of worry, but there's often a gap between the knowing and really believing. I haven't read that Nahum verse for a while, but I find myself re-writing Jeremiah 29:11 in my journal so many times!

Love and blessings to you in this new week, Katt.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

It's amazing that after a week, this message is so poignant. I'm late, yet I'm right on time for the answer. How kewl is that!

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks so much for your comments Carol. Just knowing who is in control helps...doesn't it?!
Hugs and many blessings to you my friend

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Joy,
You are just way to kewl!!!! lol
Hugs