Sunday, May 5, 2013

A BASKETFUL OF DAISIES

I did my best to keep up early yesterday morning, by responding to each birthday message. But they started flooding my inbox at 50 or 60 at a time. Many people called and sang happy birthday to me. I received many text messages and got lots of hugs from many other people.
My birthday was one of the best. We had lunch and dinner with friends who also sang to me.
One phone call I received left me with tears in my eyes. A couple who read my book, The Cross and The Rainbow as a devotional everyday had just finished reading one of the stories. They always put me on speaker so I get to talk to both of them at the same time. The husband said, we are calling just to tell you how much we love you. We feel like we really know you just from reading your books. I kept waiting for the....and we hope you have a happy birthday. Which never came. They didn't know it was my birthday.
After we hung up I sat for a moment, reflecting. I appreciated all the messages I received , the phone calls, the cards and the hugs. But that one phone call was different. They were only calling to tell me they love me.
What a great example they set. My goal is to call at least one person everyday.....for no reason except to tell them I love them.
For anyone reading my blog today I am sending you a basketful of daisies. Just to let you know I love you. 
Judges 5:31...But may they who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength.  

5 comments:

Carol Garvin said...

We don't do things, be kind to others, say sweet things (or have a birthday!) hoping to garner approval or appreciation, and yet there are special times when we discover we *have* been appreciated and are loved. I think God uses those times to encourage us. You are a special kind of person, Katt... one who gives and gives... so I'm glad your birthday provided an opportunity for you to discover how much people appreciate and love you. :)

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely post, Katt. Happy belated birthday to you. :)

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Carol,
You are so right. And I didn't realize it but I've been going through a bit of a difficult time right now....so all the "best wishes" from everyone really made me feel better. Of course YOU always make me feel better!
Hugs and blessings
Katt

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Linda,
Thank you so much! It's so good to hear from you.
Hugs and Blessings,
Katt

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

What a wonderful coincidence. Yesterday morning I pledged to listen carefully to anyone who spoke to me anytime. Without realizing, that is a form of love.

Hey, you Taurus you! LOL. I have to say Tauruses are truly wonderful people!