Monday, April 22, 2013

SMALL BLESSINGS

Someone convinced my husband it would be a good idea for me to join him at the gym three times a week. Unfortunately my hubby was also with me when the doctor said, "no more dairy, wheat, soy or processed sugar."
Great! No food and I have to work out! What next? 
So I shouldn't have been surprised when at lunch a few days ago I excused myself go to the bathroom to wash my hands, I asked my hubby to order for me.  I mentioned I would like french toast.
When I came back to the table I had a nice salad!
One of the things I used to take for granted was my health. I've always been blessed with energy and great health. 
So many of my friends ask me to pray daily for pain, test results, healing. And energy.
Someone said to me a few days ago, at the gym, she didn't feel she had much to be thankful for. She said she lost her job and was about to lose her house.
We talked for a few more minutes when she suddenly realized just being able to be at the gym was a small blessing. 
Thank you Lord for the small blessings too.
Proverbs 10:7 The memory of the righteous will be a blessing....      

4 comments:

Carol Garvin said...

I hope your new food and exercise regime is proving to be worthwhile. There are always small blessings and joys to be found... nuggets among the rubble, I call them some days.

As I get older I find myself regretting that I took so much for granted in my younger years. I wish I'd been more aware of the everyday kind of blessings, and been more deliberate with my thankfulness for them. My hubby sometimes jokes, "We get old too soon and smart too late." Unfortunately there's a lot of truth in that, but I'm trying to make up for it now. I'm counting Ann Voskamp's 1000 blessings, determined to identify every little fragment of joy.

Knowing you is one of them, Katt. :)

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

It wasn't that long ago and I took my health and energy for granted. Shame on me, because my energy has taken a vacation and my health is hinting that I should be more alert about what I put in my body. Great post, Katt!

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Carol,
I love your hubby's "we get old too soon and smart too late" theory! I'm going to adopt it!
I feel the same way about you my friend....you are one of the many blessings in my life!
Hugs
Katt

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Joy,
People used to tell me ALL the time that I burned the candle at both ends. I'm thinking the candle is almost burned out some days......however, I'm not complaining. I'm a lot smarter now! ha ha...stop laughing!