Friday, April 19, 2013

SLOW DOWN AND HAVE A NICE DAY

Someone sent me a joke. It was about an older man, probably about my age, who finally bought his dream car. One day he decided to test the speed on a deserted road. From out of no where a Florida State Highway Patrolman appeared, red lights and siren. The older gentleman knew he could out run the "law", but reluctantly pulled to the side of the road and waited for the now angry FSHP. The patrolman appeared at his door, shoved his hat up and leaned over the car. "I'm at the end of my shift. Depending on what you tell me, you will either go to jail or you'll go on your way."
Without missing a beat the older gentleman said, "about a year ago my wife left me for a Florida State Highway Patrolman. I thought you were trying to bring her back."
The highway patrolman nodded to the gentleman and said, "slow down and have a nice day."
Even though this story isn't true, it made me smile. How many times in my own life have people given me a "break". I'm not talking about the law, but people in general.
A friend shared with me the other day her goal is to make at least one person smile everyday. What a great goal!    
Genesis 30:13 Then Leah said, How happy I am! The women will call me happy. 

No comments: