Tuesday, April 2, 2013

EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

I sat this morning, listening. All I could hear was the sound of water splashing, and a few birds singing. I watched the sun coming up. This week-end was an emotional one. I left the Good Friday service in tears, and spent most of the day reflecting on the events of that day. How betrayed our Lord must have felt. And the horror and the pain He suffered, for me, for all of us.
Then the joy of Easter morning. The stone was rolled away. He is risen, He is risen indeed.
So in the stillness this morning I was overcome with joy. Joy of knowing. Like I hold a secret. The sun continued to rise and the colors of morning exploded across the sky. Orange, red, deep yellow, and finally a soft purple. Only a few minutes later everything changed. Soft white clouds licked azure blue skies.
Yes, Lord. Everything has changed. 
John 16:20 I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.

No comments: