Tuesday, January 1, 2013

THE SAFEST PLACE

As a little girl I remember reaching for my Grandmother's hand in the dark. I grew up in the country, and outside at night was very dark. Unless, of course it was a moon lit night. We would go outside for various reasons. Maybe we had to walk to the barn, or the garage. There were times when even her hand didn't seem to calm me.
This morning I read Sarah Young's devotional "Jesus Calling" and she said:  ....seek my face with an open mind, knowing that your journey with Me involves being transformed....
As a child, I didn't want to be transformed, I wanted to know what was ahead. I wanted to see the light.
I'm praying this new year I will be transformed. That even in the darkest of days I will continue to walk in His light. I will step out in faith when He calls me.
My granddaughter tells me, "I'm happy Nana". 
I'm happy too. I'm happy for a new year. A new day. Another day the Lord has given me to serve Him.
Now that I'm much older I realize the safest place to be is walking hand and hand with Him.
Jeremiah 29:11 These are the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Happy New Year from my heart to yours.