Monday, November 5, 2012

UNFATHOMABLE PEACE

I talk to so many people whose life is a train wreck. One thing I hear over and over is, "there is no peace or joy in my life."
My first question to them is usually, "how is your faith, or how much time do you spend in prayer each day?"
They always answer, either, "I don't have time for that, OR, does God really answer prayers anymore?"
I think I see the pattern. No time? No faith?
If everything was going well in their lives, they probably wouldn't be calling me. However, isn't that the very time we all need to drop to our knees? When things aren't going well? Not only do we need to thank the Lord when things are going well, but we also need to thank him when things aren't looking so good. Blessings are wrapped in trials.
It took me a long time to realize that.
I'm glad I'm old. When I was in my twenties or thirties, I "didn't have time to pray either."  Now I realize I can't get through a day without prayer. I pray about everything, all day long.
My blessings have been wrapped in trials. And my trials have made me stronger than I ever thought I could be.
Today I am blessed with Unfathomable Peace.
Someone called the other day and said to me. 
"For the first time in my life, I'm at peace."
 Her secret? Prayer.

Psalms 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.  

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Same thing here. As soon as life gets complicated and stressful, that's a sure sign I'm not spending any quality time praying. Happens every single time.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks Joy. I don't know why it took me so many years to figure out this "simple" plan....:D
Love you