Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I LOVE YOU

The past few weeks the "general theme" I've been hearing is "nobody really cares about me." 
One person shared the reason he isn't going to Church any more is no one really cares about him there. A Dad shared "I feel like my kids don't love me." A child shared "my teacher doesn't care about me." And an employee, well you probably understand where this is going.
Although none of these people know each other, they all have something in common. They are feeling no one really cares about them.
Many times I take for granted another person's feelings. If they are smiling I assume they are happy, and also feeling loved. 
I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm learning that's not always true. I'm also learning that many times the people who "appear" to be the happiest are the ones hurting the most. And it isn't until we are sitting, alone, face to face they share with me what's truly inside their heart.
I realize I can't "fix" the world. I can't make everyone happy. I can't even give every one a hug.
But what I can do is ask you to do it for me. Call at least one person today and all I'm asking you to say to them is, "I love you."
I John 4:7-9 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.

No comments: