Sunday, July 29, 2012

FOLLOW MY FOOTSTEPS

"Follow my footsteps", his voice barely audible over the howling wind as the swirling snow covered his tracks in seconds. His nearly six foot tall frame meant his stride was much longer than my six year old frame. I took two or three steps to his one. Try as I might, I continued to fall against the drifting snow banks. At last, I sat down and wanted to give up. I was wet, and cold and hungry.  He kept shouting for me to follow him. At one point he finally realized it was not possible for me to fight the wind and drifting snow. I couldn't reach the impressions his feet left.  He turned around, and pulled me out of the snow. He held my hand and took smaller steps.
I'm sure many times my heavenly Father has done the same thing. Called me to follow Him, and realized when I fell He needed to come back, lift me up and hold my hand.
I Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time.

4 comments:

Carol J. Garvin said...

Wonderful analogy, Katt! It's such a comfort knowing that we have such a loving Father... one that cares so much for us that he lets us try for ourselves, encourages us along life's way, but reaches out to help when we really need it.

Blessings to you for a restful Sunday.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Beautiful. You really brighten my day.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks Carol. Hope you are having the best week ever.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks Joy. You brighten mine too!