Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Christian Women's Fellowship International

Several weeks ago I had the honor and privilege of speaking at the 18th annual Christian Women's Fellowship in Nicaragua.
 We met at Barcelo Montelimar Beach for three of the most breath taking days of my life.
My one regret is not being able to spend more one on one time with my precious sisters from Nicaragua.
When the council invited me to be the key note speaker almost a year ago I spent many hours in prayer getting ready for the retreat. In addition to praying for the council I also prayed for each of the ladies who would be attending the retreat. During that time I didn't know their faces. Today as I continue to pray for them I hold their faces in my heart.
I had the opportunity to meet many of them at breakfast, lunch or dinner. I prayed with them personally and for them.
The theme for the retreat was Refreshed, Revived and Renewed. And I truly left that place feeling refreshed, revived and renewed.
I will be eternally grateful to those precious women who came to the retreat and forever touched my heart.
I can honestly say to each one of you, I love you, I miss you and I need you. 

2 comments:

Carol Garvin said...

What a delight to see your post pop up in my reader! Welcome back!

What a gorgeous scene. If that's where you were, no wonder you you came back refreshed.

I'll bet those who shared the retreat with you were as blessed as you were by the experience. I'm a rather private person, but there's always something about the intimacy of a retreat situation that nourishes the spirit. You likely made some long lasting friendships there with women who will be continuing to pray for you just as you are for them.

Blessings to you!, Katt.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thank you Carol. Yes, that's the view I "had" to look at everyday during breakfast, lunch and dinner. I can still hear the roar of the ocean, and feel that gentle breeze. It was a life changing experience for which I will be forever grateful.
I'm glad to be home my friend. Seven weeks is a long time to be away.
Love you
Katt