Saturday, June 30, 2012

All I Want Is A Little Peace

I watched the birds fighting at the feeder for a "better position". After the victor chased the other birds away, I wondered if she realized the food is the same all the way around the feeder?
Psalm 120:6,7 My soul has dwelt too long with one who hates peace. I am for peace; But when I speak they are for war. 

Those little birds reminded me of a couple conversations I've had during the past few weeks. 
One of them was a friend who said, "all I want is a little peace in my life". It seems that everyone has an opinion about what she should be doing with her life. She wants to make her own decisions. From their perspective her life should and could be different. From her perspective she likes things the way they are.
It seems to me that when you reach a certain age and are financially taking care of yourself, you should be able to make all the decisions in your life. After all, you are the one who will either suffer from bad choices or be rewarded by good ones.
I don't think any of us ever receive peace in our life until we learn the secret. For me it is intercessory prayer. It seems the more time I spend praying for other people the more at peace I am. 
My hubby said a few days ago when I asked him about peace in his life, "I feel a lot of peace when I talk to the people we serve Meals on Wheels to."
What gives you peace in your life? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: