Friday, April 20, 2012

I'M FEELING STRONGER

My hubby informed me early this morning he didn't have any energy. He went on to say, "I don't feel like doing anything today."
I brought his second cup of coffee to him and walked back to my office. 
I reviewed several files in my "to do" pile, and unloaded the dishwasher.
After several phone calls my husband came to attention. "Did you want me to have cereal with strawberries?" He asked.
I pushed away from my desk, "Yes honey, and I want you to be a big boy and fix it just the way you like it."
He smiled. "What are your plans for today?"
"I'm planning to trim some of the bushes and do a little more yard work today."
After finishing his cereal he came into the office.
"You know, I'm feeling lots better. I'm thinking about going to the club."
"So you think you have the energy to play golf?"
"Yup, I'm feeling lots stronger."
He waved as he backed out the driveway. 

4 comments:

Carol J. Garvin said...

Oh, isn't that just like a man??? I guess golf doesn't take the kind of energy garden work might. LOL!

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Carol,
That is correct! Golf energy is NOT the same as yard work energy! :D

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Oh dear, this is too funny. And yes, so like a man! Haha. I'm in the process of stopping myself from lighting a fire under my husband. Why? Because he promised he'd lay the computer room carpet a week ago! Men is right. LOL.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Joy,
Did you get the carpet? If not, I'm pretty sure you and I could do it! ha ha, I'm on my way!