Thursday, September 15, 2011

ANGELS TO WATCH OVER ME

Riding the school bus is a big deal to a five year old. In fact the enthusiasm in her voice often excites me.
The first day, when she didn't show up at home on time, her parents were concerned. My son called the school to see where she was. It turned out, they put her on a different bus, one going in the opposite direction.
By her own account, she wasn't afraid. Her Momma was afraid she would get off at the wrong house. But my little granddaughter assured her Mom she knows her own address, and "that's not my mailbox". So she sat promptly on the bus. In fact, after a small nap, one of the other passengers, a little boy in her class, gave her paper and some crayons. She drew a picture of herself on the bus, riding around the city.
When she finally arrived safely at home, and after hugs from her baby sister and her Mom and Dad, she showed them the picture she had drawn.
Her Mom asked her, "weren't you afraid?"
My little granddaughter smiled at her Mom and said, "I don't have to be afraid. Nana prays for me everyday, and she sends angels to watch over me."

2 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Out of the mouths of babes! We can learn much about faith from these little ones.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks Susan, I think so too. She only be five years old, but I've learned a lot from her.