Friday, August 5, 2011

TEMPLE GRANDIN

Dr. Temple Grandin is probably the most accomplished adult with autism.
My husband and I watched the movie last evening by the same name, Temple Grandin.
Temple's Mom, Aunt and Uncle were a wonderful influence in her life.  Her mother said, "Temple is different, not less." 
Those profound words stuck in Temple's mind. One of her professors encouraged her to see challenging situations as "doors" that needed to be opened.
I don't often write about movies, but if you haven't seen this one I suggest you add it to your list to watch.
I know very little about autism, but I fell in love with Temple Grandin. The struggles she faced and the mountains she climbed in spite of being "different", are not only inspiring but also encouraging.
She is a famed animal behaviorist and a Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University in Ft. Collins.
Her story is heartwarming to say the least.

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

It's on my list, Katt. Thank you!

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Let me know what you think, Joy.
Hugs