Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Phone Call

"He collapsed early this morning. He's paralyzed, unconscious and is on life support. Please pray for him."
It can't be, I got email from him just hours ago.
When the phone rings before eight o'clock it's either one of my neighbors checking to see if I am going to the store that day and giving me her list, or someone with an urgent prayer request.
Yesterday I wrote, reminding myself too, that when I give someone a gift it's exactly that "a gift". I no longer have control over it, it's theirs to do with as they please.
I'm reminding myself today, not to wait to receive a phone call like I received a few hours ago, to tell someone I love them.
John knows I love him. I'm praying for his complete recovery. But if the Lord calls him home I know I'll see him again.
Don't wait until "tomorrow". Pick up the phone right this minute and tell everyone in your life you love, just how much they mean to you.
Yours might be The Phone Call they are waiting to receive.
 

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

So true. I often think when I get to heaven I'm going to laugh at all the times I wanted so and so not to go. Because where we're headed is a beautiful stunning place. I'm sure.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Joy,
I know what you mean. But the older I get the more I see death as my final reward---not something to dread.
And when I get there I hope He says, "Well done my good and faithful servant"
I KNOW you will hear those words my friend!
I love you Joy