Wednesday, July 6, 2011

COME BACK HERE....please

They flock to the bird feeders in our back yard by the hundreds everyday.
Little finches, sparrows, Scrub Jays and Cardinals. Come one come all. But the two little birds I have been waiting for only show up a couple times a day. They don't sit on the fence, or linger at the feeders very long. Whenever I reach for the camera, no matter how quiet I am, they fly away before I can take their picture.
I am head over heels in love with those two Painted Buntings.
This is actually an Indigo Bunting and I haven't seen one of them at our feeders this year.
This is a Painted Bunting.

 
 Not the one in my yard however. The little guy taunting me has more green. And the little guy hanging around with him is a blinding yellow.
Just a little while ago I had been sitting outside with my camera, waiting for them to show up.
They soar through the air together and land in a few of the trees around our house.
It's very hot today, and the humidity is high. I didn't care. I was a woman on a mission. I sat the camera down, and came in the house to refill my iced tea glass.
Guess what I saw through the kitchen window?
Come back here!

No comments: