Thursday, July 28, 2011

ASK AND IT WILL BE GIVEN

Tears pooled in my eyes as I read her latest journal entry. My friend Diana has over 5,000 hits (number of people who have read) her journal. I read most of what she had written, but scanned quickly to the specific entry, "I've been cleared for my next infusion".
Praise the Lord. 
When her latest news started sinking in, I reflected on the 5000 plus, hits. If each time one of those 5,000 people read her journal entry, they prayed for her, imagine what the results would be. Actually, see what the results are.
Time and again the "experts" have warned her "this may not work out", or that "may not work out", stalling her chemotherapy. But time and again, her blood work has at times exceeded their expectations. When she had a respiratory infection once again they (doctors and nurses) warned she may not be physically able to take the next infusion.
My precious friend Diana continues to be a beacon of hope to the rest of us. She is battling breast cancer, enduring the horrific, at times, pain that comes with some of the medication she must take. She's the one who offers everyone she comes in contact, "HOPE". 
The Lord continues to put people in her life she can bless. Everyday she meets someone new to share her story with. 
Those of us who love her continue to pray for God's blessing on her. We pray this cancer will completely leave her body and her health will be restored. 
We can't actually touch her, to give her hugs right now, but in my heart I am hugging her right this minute.  This morning she is receiving infusion #7.
Please stop right now and say a prayer for my precious friend Diana. I'm smiling right now at the thought of all of us flooding God's "in box".
Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

2 comments:

Carol J. Garvin said...

My prayers are going out on her behalf! She sounds like a remarkable woman.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks so much Carol. She IS a remarkable woman----and all of us who know her love her beyond measure! She was able to take the 7th infusion yesterday, and on the way home able to eat FISH of all things! Praise the Lord for all His goodness and mercy!