Wednesday, June 29, 2011

HERE COMES THE BRIDE....

Last weekend my girlfriend was one of the models in a bridal show. She invited us to attend. My husband and I are a little old to be "in a wedding party". In fact we fit right in as grandparents.
I took my 35mm camera to take a few pictures of Bev. While she was dressing and having her make-up touched up, I walked around to where the vendors were. Several of them gave me big smiles.
My husband took my purse and sat in a corner with Bev's hubby. I continued walking around taking pictures. 
It finally occurred to me the reason so many of them were smiling and posing is because they thought I was the photographer.
When I thought about that a moment it made me smile, because I'm no more a photographer than my little two year old granddaughter. I love taking pictures, but that's about as far as it goes.
I realized that just carrying a camera doesn't make me a photographer any more than carrying around my Bible makes me a Christian.
I have to work at both of them to become proficient. I need to study and practice.
Both of them are like my writing career. Just because I have a computer doesn't make me a writer. I have to work at that too.
I pray the Lord will help me become a better writer. I also pray He will mold me into a better Christian.
However I can see from some of my photographs the Lord is leading me to sunsets and water to capture His work.
The bridal show? That was just for fun.
(By the way, that's not my photograph)

2 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

true words for sure! We have to work hard at everything we really want to be. IT's nice to meet another Fl writer!

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Terri,
Thanks for stopping by! I'm happy to meet you too!
Hugs
Katt