Friday, May 6, 2011

JESUS CALLING

If you don't have this book in your library, I highly recommend it. A precious friend gave me a copy this week, and even though it's a daily devotional, I can't put it down.
I crave time alone every morning with the Lord. I love sitting in my room, facing the east as the sun comes up. It's quiet. The birds are singing, and maybe off in the distance I can hear a dog barking. Be Still and Know I am that I am God, Psalm 46:10.
I hear from people everyday who are facing giants. They have lost their job or have just been given a medical diagnosis that none of us wants to hear.
But even in the midst of all that, HE is there.
I read several devotionals in the morning, write in my prayer journal, pray for a growing list of people, and read my Bible for about forty-five minutes. This daily ritual begins at 5 or 5:30 every morning. It lasts until 8 or 8:30. I do this each and every day. 
The first day I read Sarah Young's Journal, "Jesus Calling", I felt as though HE were sitting on the love seat with me.
People say to me often, "I wish the Lord would speak to me as He does to you."
And my question to them is always the same. "How much time do you spend alone with Him? How often do you sit with no phone, TV or radio?"
When they give me the reasons or excuses, I smile. "He's waiting for you. But don't make Him wait too long."
I feel a rush of joy and a sense of peace coursing through my veins. I walk with Him and talk with Him, just like the old hymn, HE LIVES.
And He does, in my heart.

4 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Thank you for the recommendation, Katt! Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Karen

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Hope your Mother's Day is absolutely fabulous. Thanks for the recommendation. Huggies.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks Karen. Let me know if you read the book----it's great! Full of inspiration.
Hugs
Katt

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Joy,
Hope you have a fabulous weekend too my friend.
Did Bandit get you anything?
Love ya
Katt