Thursday, May 12, 2011

GIVE THANKS

As I was walking through the valley of the shadow this morning;  I reached into my purse for something else when my hand brushed across a card a friend had given me a few days earlier. While standing there, I read her comforting words of encouragement again. As tears were about to brim over, the soft voice of  Jesus reminded me of his words in Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
I felt an instant peace, knowing He was right there with me, and willing to carry the load. A load I didn't need to carry at all. 
When the caller I. D. display read, 'no name available', I pushed the "block" button on the phone. We don't need any more insurance, or lawn care, or anyone to come check for bugs, inside or out.
But the phone call reminded me of the times God sees my name on His "caller I.D." 
I'm wondering if He says, "On no, not her again! I just talked to her this morning, listened to her prayers, and now here she is again with the same request. What's a Savior to do?"
I'm sure He shakes His head and wonders about me. 
He's given me the greatest gift of all, His Grace, His Love, His Patience and understanding.
Okay Lord, the next time I call, I promise it will be a new request, right after thanking you for everything you have given me.
I had to walk through the shadows this morning before I could enjoy the sunshine. 
Thank you Lord for everything.




 

No comments: