Thursday, February 3, 2011

TOTAL RECALL

One of the things I have always prided myself on is my memory. In fact I think I had what's called total recall. I was blessed.
Notice I'm using past tense.
I cooked ribs for dinner a few weeks ago. I'm not bragging, but they were pretty good. In fact, there was enough left for my lunch the next day.
My husband usually eats lunch with his buddies at the golf course, so I'm on my own for lunch some days.
That particular morning I worked on an assignment, did some editing, and finally about 11:45 went to the kitchen to pop those left-over ribs in the microwave. I could almost taste them. 
The first container I pulled from the refrigerator had fruit in it so I made a salad before I heated the ribs. 
I really don't remember how many containers I looked in, but I could not find them. I searched the freezer, thinking maybe I stuck them in there. Nope, not there either.
After about twenty minutes, I realized I was wasting lots of time, so I ate salad for lunch and forgot about the ribs.
Last night I made dinner for friends, one of whom had surgery. 
I came home from a hair appointment, rushing to get everything ready to pop in the oven. 
I turned on the oven and continued preparing the broccoli casserole. I thought something smelled funny in the oven. I grabbed a mitt, opened the oven door, and yup, pulled out the ribs.

4 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

LOL, can't count how many times I've done that. In fact, I store my broiler in the oven and 2 out of 10 times, I preheat the oven and forget to take the broiler out. Sheesh, feel silly or what???

Katt, I think we're related.

Carol J. Garvin said...

Oh yes, I can relate to both you and Joylene. My favourite forgotten item is the salad in the refrigerator. I make it in advance and probably forget it every second time! My memory is average at best so my forgetfulness isn't worrisome, just annoying. :)

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Joy,
I KNOW we're related! ha ha----so many of the blogs you've posted to were things I have also done!
Related??? Yeah!!!!
Hugs

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Carol,
It is annoying, isn't it?! And the older I get, the worse it is. Does that mean someday, I'll just be sitting in a rocker? Bet I'll be happy! ha ha
Hugs