Monday, February 21, 2011

BEN CARSON

If you don't have anything to do tonight, grab a bowl of popcorn, and a few tissues and watch a great movie. It's called "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story."
The last two or three movies we have rented have been "ok" movies, I suppose, but we stopped them after about five minutes because of the language. 
It's my fault because I didn't check the "rating", just noticed the actors. I thought both of them had higher standards than that. Anyway I rated both movies unfavorably according to Netflix standards.
We weren't sure about this movie, but Cuba Gooding Jr. played Ben Carson, who is a pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital.  
Ben faced enormous obstacles to study medicine and save lives. Kimberly Elise played his single, hardworking mother. 
His mother faced hurdles of her own. 
We sat riveted in our chairs throughout the entire movie. 
I noticed my husband shedding a few tears with me. 
It is a movie about the incredible faith of a mother and her two sons who "make it", in spite of all the challenges they faced.  

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I cut back on some of our choices, so I don't see Ben's movie. But I'll keep looking. That reminds me, I think we need a new microwave. The last time I cooked popcorn it took 6 minutes and still they weren't all pooped. I mean popped!

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Joy, ROFLOL----oh my goodness!