Friday, January 29, 2010

I'VE LOST MY MIND

Where did I park the car? With a full grocery cart, I started crossing the lanes knowing the car had to be close, didn't it? Maybe someone stole it? Nah. I've just forgotten where I left it. It was only seconds before I found it, right where I left it. Part of the problem, I was driving my husbands car and I was looking for mine. The day didn't start off like that. It was a beautiful morning. After being sick for a week, and then waking up realizing my husband was coming down with the same thing, I tried to do too much. Had too many things on my mind. I was ticking them off inside my head, and not paying attention. I dug the grocery list out of my suitcase/purse and headed down the first aisle. I remembered quickly I forgot to eat breakfast. I made oatmeal and a muffin for my husband, but since I can't eat either of those things I intended to fix my usual egg. While my husband was eating breakfast, I cleaned the kitchen and wrote out the list of things we needed. I washed a couple loads of laundry, answered a few emails and wrote an article for Associated Content. My husband was resting comfortably, so I headed out to the store. I checked off the items on the list and headed to the deli to pick out something for lunch. I knew if I called my husband he would tell me he didn't want anything because he was still full from breakfast, so I ordered what he normally gets anyway. I picked up a few more items and headed to the check out. All the lanes were full, I knew I would be waiting a few minutes. I flipped open my cell phone to call my husband to ask him what he would like for lunch. As soon as the phone started ringing, I remembered I had already picked up his lunch, just minutes before. When he answered the phone, I just said, "I was just thinking about you honey." He was so happy I called. I didn't have the heart to tell him I'm losing my mind!

4 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Katt -

You're not losing your mind. You're a busy lady and need a pocket calendar. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Debora M. Coty said...

Ha! This is me, too, Kat! LOVE your way with words!

-Deb Coty

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Susan---:D

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Deb, thanks for your kind comments---blessings my friend
Katt