Monday, December 21, 2009

THE PERFECT GIFT


My husband asked me a few weeks ago to write a list of things I wanted for Christmas. I haven't done that since I was a child, so I didn't know where to begin. What do I want? What do I need? Nothing, really.
Do I want gold? Let me think, that would be nice. Gold is very expensive, and fit for a King. No, I can't ask for gold. Am I worthy of gold?
Maybe I'll ask for frankincense. It's an aromatic gum resin obtained from from Boswellia trees used mainly for incense. I burn candles all the time, maybe this would be a cherished gift for me. Something to think about.

What about myrrh? It is also an aromatic gum resin obtained from several trees or shrubs of India, Arabia or eastern Africa used in perfume and incense.

I learned recently that the Wisemen did not present gifts to the baby Jesus in the manager. It was later when they found Him in a house with his mother. 
Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary His mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts: gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.KJV
  It's hard to find the "perfect" gift. The gifts they gave were to worship our King, the Prince of Peace, Our Savior.


We are all here to worship Him. 
I heard a sermon recently which reminded us, we are the perfect gift. What greater gift that to dedicate your life to the Lord. Give Him your all. His Son gave His all for me and for you. For my sins and yours.


It's Christmas. A time of rejoicing and thanksgiving. Praises to our Lord and King. A time to be happy and a time of celebration.
Why not join me this year. If you haven't already done so, give your life to the Lord. Present Him the "Perfect Gift". Dedicate your life to Him.
I guarantee the return you will receive on "your gift" will be greater than any gift you have ever given.
For Unto Us A Child is Born......

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Nice. I have the same problem. I really don't need anything but God's Grace. Merry Christmas, Katt. You're one of God's Gifts

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks Joy, you are one of the many blessings in my life. I'm so glad God brought us together.
Merry Christmas my sweet friend.