Thursday, December 17, 2009

MEKO

I'll never find a more faithful loving friend. Meko, our Maltese follows me everywhere I go. My husband tells me when I leave he sits on the back of the sofa and watches out the window, waiting for me to return. He cries real tears. It doesn't matter what I do, he still loves me. A normal working day will find him asleep on top my desk. When he wants down he jumps into my lap. Trusting little guy, don't you think? Anyway, he is also very persistent when he wants to go outside, for a walk, or play, he doesn't give up until he gets what he wants. It doesn't matter to him what's on my schedule, it's all about him. When we are outside he barks at other dogs or people. A few days ago we were on a walk. He spotted another dog and yelped. In fact he jumped and bounced against my leg for me to pick him up. I reached down and scooped him up allowing his bravado to return. I laughed when he barked. As long as I'm holding him he's very brave. Oh, he's a mess all right, but he's my mess. My husband thinks I have ruined this little guy. He's just under four pounds, but doesn't realize it. He thinks he's a Rottweiler. I've mentioned to my husband several times this little guy isn't in control of my life, I am. Oh, I've got to go, Meko wants to play.

6 comments:

Karen Lange said...

What a sweet little guy!

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

This isn't really Meko, but my husband thought it was too-- it looks just like him. All my picturews of the "boys" are on another computer---

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Animals are so precious. It breaks my heart at how many people abuse them. We have 4 stray cats living with us because their owners tired of them. People out here at the lake, move away, but leave their cats behind. One family even left their dog. Sad.

I'm happy for you, Katt. It's a gift having an animal's love and trust.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks Joy. It makes me sad too when people abuse animals. They have no voice. If anyone is abused here-- it would be the two of us! ha

Carol J. Garvin said...

As much as I've been an obedience class instructor and trained and trialled a number of dogs, they all live as part of our family and have no doubts about who is in charge. ;)

Pets ask so little and give so much in the way of love and companionship. It's hard to understand how some people can have so little regard for their feelings and well being.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

You're right Carol, and I'm such a sucker. I was one of those kids who said, "look Mom what followed me home?"