Wednesday, November 18, 2009

DELIGHT IN ME

Psalms 147:11.. the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. The definition of "delight" in my dictionary is "great pleasure or joy". So according to scripture, when you delight in God, He delights in you. I can't think of many places I feel the power of the Lord more so than the ocean. Watching the calm waves rush to shore and back out again. Or the violent tide rushing in during a storm, including black clouds thrusting torrent sheets of rain and gusts of wind spewing sand like little cyclones along the shore. The mighty hand of God is evident. And even though the storm can be threatening, I take cover in the Lord. Knowing in just a little while there will be a beautiful rainbow where the storm clouds once gathered. How do you take cover? I'm praying for you today.

No comments: